While natural diamonds are the most popular and commonly used gemstone in engagement rings, other gemstones and ethical diamonds have also gained huge popularity over recent years. If you want an ethical and low-cost alternative to natural diamonds, then lab grown diamonds can be a great choice for you. But if you are looking for a non-diamond alternative, there is a wide array of options available for you including moissanite, sapphires, rubies, etc. These stones can be highly affordable than diamonds and many of them come in vibrant colors that can help create stunning and unique engagement rings.
The following are some of the important things you want to know about diamond alternatives to find out whether they are suitable for you.
Benefits Of Diamond Alternatives
- You can create unique and non-traditional engagement rings by choosing diamond alternatives, especially, if you get colored ones.
- Diamond alternatives are usually less expensive than diamonds which makes them a wonderful choice for people on a budget.
- Many alternative gemstones come with unique meanings and symbolism. Hence, if you want your ring to carry a special meaning, then alternative gemstones can be great for you.
Cons Of Diamond Alternatives
- No alternative gemstones are as hard and durable as diamonds. Even though moissanite and rubies are very durable, they are still inferior to diamonds when it comes to this important quality parameter.
- If you want an engagement ring with great brilliance and sparkle, then it’s impossible to recreate the shine offered by diamonds. The wonderful shimmer and sparkle created by diamonds are unique and no other gemstones exhibit them.
Best Alternative Gemstones
A large variety of choices are available for you when it comes to alternative gemstones. They greatly vary in their features and characteristics.
Most Brilliant Alternatives To Diamonds: Even though alternative gemstones do not possess the stunning sparkle offered by diamonds, some of them come with their own unique shine. If you want a sparkling gemstone, then moissanite can be a great choice, as it creates a fiery, rainbow sparkle that offers it a great shine.
Durable Alternatives To Diamonds: Sapphires and moissanite are the most durable options among gemstones. They won’t chip or break easily.
Most Inexpensive Alternatives To Diamonds: Stones like aquamarines, amethysts, and morganites are inexpensive, but they can get damaged easily.
Each gemstone varies in terms of its properties. Hence, you have to choose an option based on the unique features you want for your engagement ring.